What is a photography mini session?
Think of my photography mini session as a scaled down version of my regular family photo sessions. They last approx. 20-30 minutes and do not include an outfit change (unless you’re superman and can do that spinny trick in revolving doors). I provide a fixed date and location around the Reading, Berkshire area. Sometimes sessions will revolve around a specific theme such as spring bluebells, autumn leaves or Christmas sparkle. Finished hand edited images (approximately 10-15 total) are provided afterwards via a secure online gallery. Here you can view your images in a slideshow and make your order. Mini sessions are only offered a few times a year. Spaces are limited and will be available on a first come first served basis.
How does a Photography mini session work?
You will receive 20-30 minutes for your session at a location chosen for it’s seasonal backdrops, pretty light and ease of access for those little legs amongst you. The exact location will be given 3 days before the shoot and will always be around the Reading, Berkshire area.
Mini sessions run back to back so I ask that you double check the directions and arrive 15 minutes before your time slot. After that it’s all about having fun as a family! My photography mini sessions are natural and unposed with a focus on capturing real smiles and family connection. The kids are free to run around and Dad can practice his “how high can I throw the kids in the air” game 😉
Two weeks after the photo shoot you will receive a secure online gallery where you can view and select your digital files. A mini session includes 5 digital files for you to post on social media and share with friends and family. You will also get a free £20 print voucher to purchase fine art prints and wall art! Perfect if you already have frames you would like to update. You can also purchase extra digital files if you wish (although, there is zero obligation to and definitely no hard sell!)
Is a mini session right for my family?
My photography mini sessions are perfect for families that are:
- Looking for a few professional photos to update the frames in their home
- Have a big milestone event coming up that they would like to capture i.e 1st birthday
- Would like to try an outdoor photo session for the first time
- A previous client and want a family photo update
- Looking for a personal gift to give to grandparents
- A busy family after a relaxed session
All mini sessions include up to 6 people from one household with a maximum of 2 adults. Big family? You might want to consider booking additional time slots or going for a full family shoot!
What is the difference between a mini session and a full family photo session?
My clients often ask me this question. The simple answer is that it really depends on what your photography needs are. If you have a big milestone event, like a first birthday, and would like a few photos to remember the big day a mini session would be perfect. However, if you want a session with a large variety of images including individual portraits and fun family group shots using a variety of different backgrounds then a full session would be best.
- Pre-determined location
- Limited availability of dates and times
- Priority booking goes to mini session waitlist
- 20-30 minutes of shooting time
- Secure online gallery of 10-15 images
- One outfit
- Max two backdrops at the location
Full Family Session
- Location of your choice (I can help provide ideas)
- A date and time that is best for you and your schedule. An hour before sunset is always beautiful!
- Up to 2 hours of shooting time
- Secure online gallery of 30+ images
- Full pre-session consultation and questionnaire
- Multiple outfit changes
- Large variety of backdrops within your location
What else do I need to know about a mini session?
- Clothing choices are so important and help compliment the season and theme of the mini session. I’ll help every step of the way by providing you with an ‘Outfit Inspiration Guide’ and Pinterest board. You can even send me photos of your outfits before the shoot if you’re after some extra advice.
- Because Mini Sessions are quick and are scheduled back to back, the day is crammed full. I ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your allotted time. If you run late, unfortunately I won’t be able to extend your session. Please be early and ready for your closeup!
- No-shows will not be refunded or re-scheduled.
- Payment must be made in advance in order to book your space.
How do I book a photography mini session?
If you’d like to be notified when booking begins for my upcoming mini session event, please sign up today. My waitlist will be notified first and given priority booking. Two days after I will then launch on my Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Mini Session Voucher£149.00 – £159.00